2014 Financial Highlights
Thanks to all our supporters, 2014 was another great year for Shadhika!
- We exceeded our 2014 fundraising goal by 24% – raising over $260,000 towards future programming.
- We awarded $142,000 in grants to six grassroots organizations in India that are addressing gender inequality through girls’ education, economic self-sufficiency, and empowerment.
- We added two new grantees in Mumbai (VACHA) and Chennai (CWDR).
- We served approximately 850 girls ages 10 – 24 and over 300 boysparticipated in programs that taught respect for women and girls.
- Working in partnership with Amistad International, we raised the $100,000 needed to build a girls’ dormitory at Buddha’s Smile School in Varanasi.
- We launched a new ‘donor circle’ to provide college scholarships to girls graduating from our programs that wish to continue onto college.
- We received a our first-ever grant from the Women’s Foundation of Colorado’s ‘Beyond Our Borders’ fund to host a grantee conference in India in 2015 to share best practices and learn new skills.
- We maintained a low overhead cost of 15%.
- We brought the founder of Buddha’s Smile School to the US for events in Seattle, WA, Palo Alto, CA San Francisco, CA, and Denver, CO
Download Our Financials