‘Didi’ and ‘Dada’ are the endearing Bengali words used for elder sister and elder brother. At Shadhika, we feel we are an extended family to the young women we serve – committed to their growth and development over the years to ensure they are able to access the opportunities, skills and knowledge they need to be successful in their futures and that they are empowered to make their own decisions and choices for their lives.
Like an Aunt or Uncle, your monthly commitment means you are there day in and day out for the girls Shadhika supports, ensuring that they have the resources available to successfully complete their education all the way from middle school to college and ultimately secure desired jobs.
Impact of your monthly donation:
- $10 a month provides a girl with Spoken English classes for 1 year
- $15 a month provides a girl with computer training for 1 year
- $25 a month provides a girl with after school tutoring for 1 year
- $50 a month will cover all of the costs for a girl to attend secondary school for 1 year
- $100 a month will cover all of the costs for a young woman to attend college for 1 year
Benefits of monthly giving:
- Monthly gifts go further – they provide Shadhika with steady and predictable support to help even more at-risk girls in India
- Hassle-free, seamless giving – your recurring gift to Shadhika continues monthly without having to renew
- Easier on your budget by contributing a set amount each month rather than a one-time gift
- Monthly givers receive exclusive quarterly emails from Shadhika providing in-depth updates on our efforts and the impact of your gift
Support our girls over the long term by signing up today to become a monthly Shadhika ‘Didi’ or ‘Dada.’
Prefer to donate by check? Ask us how to set up recurring check donations with your bank at email@example.com.