Want to get more involved in our work? Become a volunteer!
We are happy to have volunteers who can help out at our various events or help with day-to-day tasks or even research projects. Here’s a list of some of the volunteer opportunities we currently have:
- Fundraising Committee: This committee meets monthly via video conference for about 1 hour. Whether you’re new to fundraising or a seasoned pro, as long as you a committed to helping us raise resources we’d love to have your input.
- Communications Committee: Help us get the word out about the work we do! This committee meets quarterly and oversees our newsletter, annual report, FaceBook page, and other forms of media. If you are savvy with social media, a good editor, or a good writer this might be the place for you!
- Research: From time to time we are looking for someone who can help us with a research project to strengthen our programming and grant-making. If you have strong research skills and can work independently you might be the right person!
- Events: We are always looking for volunteers to help out with events. From welcoming people, to taking donations, to setting up AV equipment, to taking photographs, to making sure we restock the food trays, all hands are needed.
- Translation: We often need Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, or Bengali translators.
These are just some of the areas where we are currently looking for volunteers. If you’re interested in getting involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to all our 2015 volunteers!
Nasreen Abduljaleel, Lisa Acree, Usha Balaraman, Kathy Barry & Bob Burnett*, Jennifer Baxter, Deborah Beebe, Aditi Bellary, Rajvii Berry, Celie Blair, Amy Brodsky, Allison Brooks & Parin Shah, Jay Buckner, Leslie & Shane Burgess, Gwyneth Casazza, Alik Christianian, Ann Clark, Ananya Das, Sohani Das Sharma, Ram Duraiswamy, Bruce Factor, Jordan Frank, Liam Frank, Tony Frank & Melinda Pollack, Gabrielle Greenberg, Sirisha Gudavalli, Tapan Gupta, Megan Harper & Taylor Tait, Elyssa Hofgard, Elsa Homer, Greta Homer, Stacy Hsu, Renee Kallesen, Kirti Kandade, Priyanka Karki, Kara & Doug Kiley, Stephaney Kipple, Amy Kreeger, Achala Koushik & Suresh Bala, Suparna Kudesia, Saravana Kumar, Paresh Kuntilal, Laurie Lindrup, Anne Luckow & Rajan Gupta*, Jenny & Dave MacEwen*, Sharon Malhotra, Salil Mallick, Dwayne Marsh, Zetta Mason, Pooja Merchant, Suruchi Mohan & Prabhat Goyal*, Prashant Motewar, Kim Musler, Sejal Parekh, Marci Radin, Ayesha Rawal, Michele & Stan Rosen*, Sara Sanderson, Fiona Schreiber, Philip Schreiber, Sophie Schreiber, Maureen Sheehan*, Joseph Stein, Lynne Stern, Violet Stricklin, Amit Sudan, Balaji & Suganthi Subramanian*, Monique Tuttle & Jeff Johnson, Marian Urquilla, Milind Wagle, Ninad Wagle, and Joyce Xu
*2015 Event Hosts