How to apply for a grant
If you are interested in applying for a grant from Shadhika, please be certain to read our grant making strategy and frequently asked questions regarding grants carefully to determine whether there is a good match between your organization’s activities and Shadhika’s funding priorities.
After reviewing these materials, if you feel that your organization’s activities are a good match for Shadhika’s funding priorities, we ask you to complete a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). The purpose of the LOI is to introduce us to your work so that we can determine whether or not there is a good match with our funding priorities. If it is determined that there is a good fit, you will be asked to submit a full proposal.
Letter of Inquiry
Please complete this form and email to email@example.comDownload File
Frequently Asked Questions – Applying for a Grant
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about our grant making process.
- Do you have application deadlines for Letters of Inquiry? There are no deadlines for letters of inquiry—LOIs are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed by Shadhika staff within 90 days.
- What happens after I apply? After submitting your letter of inquiry you will receive acknowledgement e-mail, including a grant request number. We will contact you within 90 days with an initial decision. If, after 90 days, you have not heard from us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to your grant request number. If you are asked to follow up with a full proposal, our staff will be in contact with you about how to proceed.
- Do you have application deadlines for full proposals? If you’re invited to submit a full proposal, we will be in touch with you with specific deadlines for submission (roughly four months in advance of the approval dates). Grants at the full proposal stage are approved once per year in July. Note these dates DO NOT apply for Letters of Inquiry — only for invited full proposals.
- Does Shadhika make multi-year grants? At this time, we only consider single year grant requests, however, we often reconsider support to organizations that are performing well.
- Does Shadhika make grants outside of India? No. Shadhika only makes grants within in India.
- Does Shadhika make grants to individuals? No. Shadhika only makes grants to non-governmental organizations.
- What amount should I ask for? At present time, Shadhika’s support for any only organization ranges between $5,000 to $15,000 USD annually.
- What should I do if I sent in an LOI and I haven’t heard back? If it has been less than 90 days since you applied, please be patient. If it has been over 90 days, you should email us at email@example.com. Please refer to the grant request number that was sent to you by e-mail when you applied.